Integrate PayPal with Razorpay to accept international payments. Check how Razorpay handles currency conversions for you.
PayPal is a payment method that you can integrate with your
You can accept payments based on the transaction limit of your PayPal account. Know more about the other
Integrating PayPal as a payment method on Checkout offers you the following advantages:
- Better Success Rates: Enjoy up to 20% higher success rates.
- Faster Settlement time: Get paid on a T+1 settlement schedule.
- Wide user base: Reach Over 30 Crore PayPal users around the world.
- No additional charges: PayPal defines the rates for transactions.
- Currency Conversion: Handle currency conversions from INR to your customer's native currency.
Watch this video to see the onboarding process to enable PayPal on your checkout form.
The PayPal section is visible only in the Live mode on the Dashboard.
Log in to the
Click Settings → Scroll to the PayPal section and click Link Account.
Upon redirection to PayPal:
- If you do not have a PayPal account, you need to complete the verification process and KYC. This will include confirming your email address by clicking on the link sent to you by PayPal.
- If you already have a PayPal account, you need to authorise Razorpay to accept payments.
You should now be able to see your PayPal enablement status set to
Pendingon your Razorpay Dashboard. PayPal will activate your account within 48 hours if all of the previous steps are successfully completed.
You can now proceed with the integration. This depends on how you have integrated Razorpay on your website or application.
By default, your PayPal account is configured to receive USD payments. You can enable more currencies on your account from your PayPal Dashboard.
- You should not use the same email ID for multiple MIDs.
- Each merchant should set up a separate PayPal account for each MID.
If you are using Razorpay Standard Checkout, you just need to enable PayPal from your dashboard and complete the
Customers can use PayPal Currency Conversion to convert international payments in INR (or other currency) to a currency of their choice. This enables businesses to continue accepting payments via PayPal.
- You will have your PayPal account configured to receive payments in all currencies.
- You can pass the currency in INR to Razorpay or enable more currencies on your account from your PayPal dashboard.
- Razorpay applies
- When converting currencies on a payment or transfer, the standard PayPal charges are applicable.
PayPal does not accept payment requests in INR. Razorpay facilitates currency conversions from INR to your customer's home currency.
- By default, the PayPal conversion feature is enabled on Standard Checkout for all merchants with PayPal account linked with the Razorpay account.
- This is currently supported only on Razorpay standard checkout integration.
- Indian merchant's/seller's PayPal account can accept international payments only from non-Indian customers (non-Indian PayPal account) in non-INR PayPal supported currencies.
You receive the payments made using PayPal directly to your PayPal wallet. PayPal makes the settlements in INR.
Refunds - PayPal Balance Required
Ensure you have sufficient balance in your PayPal account before you initiate a refund.
- Refunds can be initiated by you either from the
- The refund amount is deducted from your PayPal account and credited to your customer's PayPal account.
No, you cannot accept international payments in Indian Rupee using PayPal.
2. I am an existing Razorpay customer, are there any integration changes to be done to support international payments via Razorpay?
There are no integration changes required for you to accept payments via an international debit or credit card. However, if you want to display a foreign curreny on your checkout, you need to pass the relevant code in the currency parameter in the Checkout code.
Please raise a support ticket with Razorpay over
4. I have already registered for PayPal. How do I change the PayPal account which I had added to Razorpay?
5. I have completed my registration on PayPal. Why does my status on the Dashboard still say pending?
Ensure you have uploaded your bank account and company details on the PayPal Dashboard before PayPal can complete your registration. Please log in to to your PayPal account and check if you have completed the 3 steps: a. Verify your email with PayPal. b. Upload and verify your PAN Card. c. Update your Bank Account details.
6. I have enabled PayPal and the status shows activated on my Dashboard. However, why is there no option to pay with PayPal on my checkout?
PayPal will be shown on your checkout only if the purchasing currency is other than Indian Rupee(INR), for example, if the currency is USD or EUR. PayPal will not appear on your checkout otherwise.
To know more about the pricing for PayPal check out the
For international credit and debit card transactions, we charge a platform fee of 3% plus taxes. PayPal transactions are charged as per rates defined by PayPal. Know more about
Was this page helpful?