Generate Customer Identifiers and virtual UPI IDs in real-time via the Dashboard and APIs.
Create custom UPI IDs to match your business needs and branding. For example,
Multiple Payment Avenues
Enable customers to make payments via NEFT, RTGS, IMPS and UPI.
Eliminate the difficulty of manual reconciliation and save time and cost.
View and manage every payment received from customers.
Get real-time notifications on payments with Webhooks.
Create Customer Identifiers and UPI IDs on-demand for customers to pay via NEFT, RTGS, IMPS and UPI using Smart Collect.
- We have changed the term Virtual Account to Customer Identifier. (Jan 2023)
Using Smart Collect, you can create customer identifiers and UPI IDs on demand, which can be used to receive payments through NEFT, RTGS, IMPS, and UPI. These identifiers are linked to your registered bank account, and you can conveniently monitor customer payments and receive notifications through Razorpay, who takes care of payment reconciliation.
Payments made using Smart Collect largely follow existing Razorpay
Third Party Validation
Smart Collect also supports Third Party Validation. To know more, refer to the
Here are some examples of how Smart Collect enables you to accept payments.
Single, large one-time payments
Accept large one-time payments via NEFT, RTGS, IMPS, or UPI by generating a Customer Identifier or UPI ID and sharing the details. Razorpay will notify you of payment and account can be closed.
Regular payments of large volume
If you want to send customers regular invoices for payments of large volume, you can create a Customer Identifier or UPI ID for them and share the details, the customer can add:
- The bank account as a beneficiary on their preferred netbanking portal and transfers the money using NEFT, RTGS or IMPS
- The UPI ID on their UPI payment service provider app such as Google Pay and transfers the money using UPI. Razorpay notifies you every time a payment is made towards the account, thus simplifying the reconciliation process.
Campaign or event-based payment
Use Razorpay's Smart Collect to create a unique UPI ID for each campaign and receive notifications for each payment made to those IDs, eliminating the need to identify the source of each payment.
Single Customer Identifier, Multiple Customers
If you want to accept payments from multiple customers using a single customer identifier, you can create a customer identifier and share the details. Customers can make payments to the same customer identifier. You can reconcile the payments using our
- Ensure that you do not fall under the
Individualsmerchant category as Smart Collect is not available for this Merchant Category Code (MCC).
- Read and understand the
- Ensure that the business use case is well charted. Smart Collect supports many customers - one account and many customers - many accounts models.
- Raise a request through a Point of Contact (POC) or the Dashboard to enable Smart Collect for your account.
- Raise a request through a Point of Contact (POC) or the Dashboard to enable Smart Collect TPV for your account.
- Do check the
We charge a standard platform fee of 1% up to a maximum of ₹10 on every payment received via Smart Collect. Let us understand this with some examples:
- If the payment received is ₹10,000, Smart Collect platform fee will be ₹10.
- If the payment received is ₹50, Smart Collect platform fee will be ₹0.5 (1% value of ₹50).
Was this page helpful?