RuPay Credit Card on UPI
Offer RuPay Credit Cards on UPI as a payment method to your customers.
Leverage the full potential of UPI Payments by integrating RuPay Credit Cards. Watch this video to know more about RuPay credit-card on UPI.
- More touch points to make payments via their RuPay credit cards.
- Easy to make credit card payments without the need to enter the card details and OTP for every transaction.
- Carry out all RuPay credit card and bank account transactions without the need to carry a wallet.
Linking a RuPay credit card to the UPI is similar to linking a savings bank account or debit card to UPI.
To link a RuPay credit card to UPI, customers need to:
- Head over to the PSP app (BHIM, PhonePe, PayTm) on their smartphone.
- Tap the Add credit card option and select the bank that has issued the RuPay credit card.
- Enter the last six digits and validity details of their RuPay credit card.
- To verify, they need to enter the OTP received via SMS on the registered mobile number. Once the verification is complete, they can set up the PIN.
Their registration of RuPay credit cards on UPI will then be complete.
To make a payment using RuPay credit card on UPI, the user must follow these steps:
- Select RuPay credit card as the payment option during the UPI payment process.
- Enter the UPI PIN set during the earlier process of linking the RuPay credit card.
To ensure a successful transaction, it is essential that the mobile number linked to the customer's UPI account is active on their smartphone and matches the mobile number linked to the credit card issued by their bank.
You can retrieve the details of the account type (bank account or credit card) used for UPI payments through the Payment Webhook, Fetch Payment API, and the Dashboard.
- Payment Webhook: The payment entity will now include the payer account type details. Refer to the
- Fetch Payment API: The payment entity will now include the payer account type details. Refer to the
- Click on a UPI payment to look at the details of the payment.
- The payment drawer will display the following information for Credit Card payments on UPI:
- Payment Method: UPI
- Payer Account Type: Credit card
The following UPI apps support linking of RuPay credit cards to UPI:
In terms of bank coverage, RuPay card holders from the following issuing banks can link their credit cards to the UPI apps to make payments via RuPay credit cards on UPI:
- Axis Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Canara Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Indian Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Union Bank
Razorpay will take care of enabling this feature for you.
A Platform fee of 2.15% will be levied for all credit-card transactions via UPI.
You will not be able to accept credit card payments on UPI if you fall under the following category:
- Merchants on Customer fee bearer
- Restricted MCC codes - NPCI will not support credit card payments on the following MCC codes. Merchants with these MCC codes will not be able to accept credit card payments on UPI.
|Financial institutions manual cash disbursements
|Financial institutions merchandise and services
|Cash Withdrawal ICCW
|Digital account openings
|Financial institutions automated cash disbursements
|Non-financial institutions foreign currency, money orders(not wire transfer), scrip and travellers checks
|Securities brokers and dealers
|Debt collection agencies
|Government-Licensed On-Line Casinos (On-LineGambling)
|Betting, including lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, off-track betting and wagers at race tracks
|Government-Licensed Horse/Dog Racing
|Government-Owned Lotteries (Specific Countries)
|Wire transfers and money orders
Was this page helpful?