Post sign up, account activation and KYC verification you are eligible to make payouts. To make a payout, you must:
- Create a Contact.
- Add a Fund Account for a contact.
- Create a Payout.
Add Funds to your Business Account:
It is assumed that you have already added funds to your business account. This action cannot be performed via APIs and has to be done before you can make a payout. Refer to the business account section to learn how to add funds to your business account.
RazorpayX test mode is a replication of RazorpayX in a sandbox environment. It allows you to test all aspects of your integration before you go live.
Actions taken in the test mode have no consequences in your live environment. Test mode has its own dummy balance. No real money is used in the test mode.
Contacts, fund accounts and payouts created in the test mode do not appear in the live environment. You can create contacts and fund accounts using real-world or dummy data.
For example, a contact created in the test mode does not carry over to the live mode and vice versa. Payouts made to a fund account in the test mode uses funds from the test account balance, which is not real money.
Refer to our Test Mode documentation for more details.
The Razorpay API Gateway URL is
https://api.razorpay.com/v1. You need to include this before each API endpoint to make API calls.
All RazorpayX APIs are authorized using Basic Authorization. Basic authorization requires the following:
Existing Razorpay Merchants:
If you are an existing Razorpay merchant, you can use your existing API key with RazorpayX.
To generate your API Keys:
Log into your RazorpayX Dashboard.
Navigate to Account Settings → API Keys and Webhooks.
Click Generate Key.
API Keys are generated for your business account. Click Download Key Details to download your API Keys for future reference.
Watch the short animation below for more information.
After generating the keys from the Dashboard, download and save them securely. Razorpay does not store
<YOUR_KEY_SECRET>. This is visible only at the time of key generation. If you have already generated your API Key and do not remember it, you will need to re-generate the keys from the Dashboard and replace it in your integration code.
- Payouts are made using funds in this account. Refer to the RazorpayX Account documentation for more details. Currently, there are two types of accounts available to you:
- Virtual Account
- Current Account
- A contact is an entity to whom payouts are made. Contacts have certain identification properties such as name, email ID and phone number. To make a payout to a contact, you must add a fund account to the contact.
- A fund account is an entity to which payouts can be made. Currently, RazorpayX supports three types of fund accounts:
bank_account: Make payouts to a contact's bank account via bank transfer using one of the available Payout Modes such as NEFT or IMPS.
cards: Make payouts directly to a contact's card via a bank transfer using one of the available Payout Modes such as NEFT or IMPS.
vpa (Virtual Payment Address): Make payouts to a contact's VPA via a UPI transfer.
- Any transaction made using bank account linked to your RazorpayX account. This can either be a credit (when you add funds to your account) transaction or a debit (payouts made using RazorpayX) transaction. You can view transactions from the Dashboard or fetch details using the Transactions APIs.