Post sign up, account activation and KYC verification you are eligible to make payouts. Complete the following three steps to create your first payout via APIs:
- Create a Contact
- Add a Fund Account to a contact
- Create a Payout
It is assumed that you have already added funds to your business account. This action cannot be performed via APIs and has to be done before you can make a payout. Refer to the business account section to learn how to add funds to your business account.
RazorpayX test mode is a replication of RazorpayX in a sandbox environment that allows you to test all aspects of your integration before you go live.
Actions taken in the test mode have no consequences in your live environment. Contacts, fund accounts and payouts created in the test mode do not appear in the live environment. You can create contacts and fund accounts using real-world or dummy data.
Test mode has its own dummy balance. No real money is used in the test mode.
For example, a contact created in the test mode does not carry over to the live mode and vice versa. Payouts made to a fund account in the test mode uses funds from the test account balance, which is not real money.
Refer to our Test Mode documentation for more details.
The Razorpay API Gateway URL is
https://api.razorpay.com/v1. You need to include this before each API endpoint to make API calls.
All Razorpay APIs are authorized using
Basic Authorization. Basic authorization requires the following:
Existing Razorpay Merchants:
If you are an existing Razorpay merchant, you can use your existing API key with RazorpayX.
The API key is a combination of
<YOUR_KEY_SECRET> and is required to make any API request to Razorpay.
To generate your key ID and key secret:
Log into your RazorpayX Dashboard, click Menu and click Account Settings.
Click API Keys and Webhooks.
Click Generate Key.
The Key ID and Key Secret are generated for your business account. Click Download Key Details to download the key ID and key secret details.
Watch the short animation below for more information.
After generating the keys from the Dashboard, download and save them securely. Razorpay does not store
<YOUR_KEY_SECRET>. This is visible only at the time of key generation. If you have already generated your API key and do not remember it, you will need to re-generate the keys from the Dashboard and replace it in your integration code.
- Business account is your unique account on the RazorpayX platform to which you can transfer funds. Funds are available in your business account so you can make payouts 24/7 365.
- A contact is an entity to whom payouts are made. Contacts have certain identification properties such as name, email ID and phone number. Financial transactions can be made to a contact by adding a fund account(s) to the contact.
- A fund account is an entity to which payouts can be made. A fund account can be of multiple types. Currently, RazorpayX supports three types of fund accounts:
bank_account: Make payouts to a contact's bank account via bank transfer using one of the available Payout Modes such as NEFT or IMPS.
cards: Make payouts directly to a contact's card via a bank transfer using one of the available Payout Modes such as NEFT or IMPS.
vpa (Virtual Payment Address): Make payouts to a contact's VPA via a UPI transfer.
- Inflow of funds to your business account, payouts to a contact's fund account and reversals are all recorded as transactions against your business account. You can view transactions from the Dashboard or fetch details using the Transactions APIs.