API key is a combination of the
key_secret and is required to make any API request to Razorpay. You also have to implement the API key in your code as part of your integration process.
- Log into your Dashboard with appropriate credentials.
- Select the mode (Test or Live) for which you want to generate the API key.
You have to generate separate API Keys for the test and live modes. No real money is used in test mode.
- Navigate to Settings → API Keys → Generate Key to generate key for the selected mode.
Key Id and
Key Secret appear in a pop-out window as shown below:
After generating the keys from the Dashboard, download and save them securely. If you do not remember your API Keys, you need to re-generate it from the Dashboard and replace it wherever required.
Once generated, you will be able to see the Key Id, the date the key was created and the expiry date for the API Key on screen.
You also have the option to regenerate the key, if required.
Two Factor Authentication:
To regenerate API keys, you must validate your identity via OTP sent to your registered mobile number. However, this step is skipped if you already performed OTP validation while logging into the Dashboard.
If you have not set up two factor authentication, you will be prompted to verify your mobile number before re-generating keys.
To regenerate API key:
- Log into the Dashboard.
- Select the mode for which you want to generate the API key from the menu ribbon.
- Navigate to Settings → API Keys.
- Click Regenerate Key.
This gives you the option to de-activate the old key immediately or in 24 hours.
Watch the short animation below for more information.