Guidelines to follow while making API calls:
- All the API calls have to be server-to-server calls. API calls made from an Android application or website frontend will fail.
- Ensure all the calls are made within a range of 5-10 transactions per sec (TPS).
- Pass your RazorpayX bank account number against the
account_numberparameter in the Payout API/Composite Payout API.
- DO NOT pass your beneficiary account number here. The payout will fail.
- Use your customer identifier to make payouts from RazorpayX Lite.
- Use your current account number to make payouts from your RazorpayX Current Account.
- Navigate to My Account and Settings → Banking to get your RazorpayX bank account number.
- We recommend using your internal
reference_idvalue in a Payout API request.
- In some cases, a webhook can be triggered more than once. We recommend you to apply deduplication while consuming webhooks based on the Payout ID and the payout status.
- Ensure that your API key, that is the
<KEY_SECRET>, is not publicly available. Limited people should have access to this. We recommend you store them as environment variables.
- Ensure you download and save your API key when you generate them. We do not store these at our end. If you lose them, you will have to regenerate your API key.
- The API keys are the same for Payment Gateway and RazorpayX. Regenerating the keys will affect both PG and RazorpayX APIs.
There are two types of APIs to create payouts.
- Normal Payout API
- Composite Payout API
You can use Normal Payout API to:
- Create a
- Create a Fund account using the Contact id. The Fund account can be a
- Create a Payout to
You can use the Composite Payout API to create a Contact, Fund account and payout in a single API call.