Approvals On Invoices
Establish an approval workflow for your invoices through the RazorpayX Dashboard.
Some vendor payouts may require multiple levels of approval by business stakeholders before they can be sent for the final review. To facilitate this approval process, you can add the approvers while uploading the invoice on the RazorpayX Dashboard. The invoices move to
Watch the video below to know how to enable the approval workflow and approve invoices.
To enable the Business Approval Workflow:
- Log in to the
- Select Vendor Payments on the left navigation menu.
- Click the ellipsis icon ⋮ and select Invoice Approval Setting as shown below.
- Alternately, you can also navigate to My Account & Settings → Workflow → Invoices and select Invoice Approval Setting.
- Use the toggle button to enable Approvals on Invoices as shown below.
You can also toggle on Skip approval for individual invoices to allow your team member to upload invoice without requiring approval.
An invoice cannot be edited once sent for approval or approved. You must create a new invoice if your invoice is rejected.
Enter the details and click Add Approvers.
If you decide to Skip sending the invoice for approval, enter the reason for doing it.
Enter the email of the approver. You can either add more approvers or click Save.
- Once the approver(s) is added, they are considered default approvers for the respective vendor. However, you can
- The approvers are added in an hierarchial order. That is, unless the first approver has approved the invoice, the approval mail is not sent to the next approver and the payment will not go through without receiving all the approvals.
- To maintain the control and correct audit trail on the invoice, you cannot edit invoices sent for approval. In case an invoice is rejected, you must be recreate the invoice and make the changes again before sending the invoice for approval.
Click Send to email the invoice for approval.
You can also skip the approval workflow after invoice creation, when the invoice is
in approval state and move it to the
- Log in to the
- Navigate to Vendor Payments on the left navigation.
- Select the
IN APPROVALinvoice for which you want to skip the approval workflow.
- Click the skip icon in the right pane with invoice details.
- Enter the reason for skipping th approval workflow and click Skip approval.
To change the approvers, click Change and edit the email/s.
Once the mail is sent for approval, the invoice status changes to
IN APPROVAL, post which it is either
UNPAID if the invoice is approved. To view the audit trail, navigate to Vendor Payments → Invoices and select the respective invoice to view the details.
Know more about the
In case an
Know how to
Was this page helpful?