According to the RBI guidelines, merchants cannot save their customer’s card credentials (card number & other card data) on their own servers. You can either:
- Make a payout via RazorpayX payouts to cards APIs without saving the card number. You have to collect the card number from the customer each time a payout is made.
- Save a card number with a tokenisation service like
token. According to the recent RBI guidelines, Payment Aggregators (PA)/ Payment Gateway (PG) and businesses cannot save their customers' card numbers and other card data on their servers. Hence, you can save card numbers and make payouts to it only by creating tokens.
You can create tokens using:
- Payouts via IMPS, NEFT and UPI are not supported via tokenised cards.
- Token expiry month and year are mandatory in case of external service provider.
- Payouts to tokenised cards is supported only for limited issuers on Visa and Mastercard. They are not supported via bank rails. Its only supported for the mode
- Bank issuers/networks for payouts to tokenised and non-tokenised is different.
- Bank issuers/networks for payouts via bank modes and
cardmode (Payouts via network rails).
This feature is not enabled by default. Raise a request using the support form on the RazorpayX Dashboard to enable this feature for your account.
The table below lists the various Payout to Card actions you can perform using the Dashboard, API and Bulk Upload:
|Create a payout to a card
|View payout details
Know more about