According to the RBI guidelines, merchants cannot save their customer’s card credentials (card number & other card data) on their own servers.
To save a card number, you can use a tokenisation service like
After collecting card number from the customer, there are 3 ways to make the payout:
Make a payout via RazorpayX payouts to cards APIs. Here, the card numbers will not be saved. You have to collect the card number from the customer each time a payout is made.
Tokenise the card with
- Cards have to be tokenised with a token service provider via a
- Tokenisation is not available via RazorpayX APIs.
Tokenise the card with non-Razorpay token services and then make a payout to the token via RazorpayX.
- Bank issuers/networks for payouts to tokenised and non-tokenised is different.
- Payouts to tokenised cards is supported only for limited issuers on Visa and MasterCard.
- Payouts to tokenised cards are not supported via bank rails. It's only supported for the mode
- Bank issuers/networks for payouts via bank modes and
cardmode (Payouts via network rails).
This feature is not enabled by default. Raise a request using the support form on the RazorpayX Dashboard to enable this feature for your account.
The table below lists the various Payout to Card actions you can perform using the Dashboard, API and Bulk Upload:
|Create a payout to a card||✓||x||x|
|View payout details||✓||✓||x|
Know more about