Recurring Payments allows you to charge customers automatically at regular intervals that are defined and controlled by you. Essentially, Razorpay processes recurring payments as-and-when-presented by you.
Ensure you have sufficient balance/credits/funds in your Razorpay account to ensure there are no delays processing payments.
Emandate via netbanking
Emandate via debit card
There could be various reasons why a recurring payment could fail. Potential reasons could be:
- Expired card.
- Credit card reported lost or stolen.
- Insufficient funds.
- Recurring payment canceled directly from the bank.
- Pre-debit notification failed.
You can track the real-time status of payments as
failedvia Razorpay Dashboard, polling our APIs or subscribing to our webhooks.
Settlements happen as per your settlement schedule. You can view your settlement schedule on the Dashboard (Settlements → View Settlement Cycle). In case the settlement is scheduled on a bank holiday; the settlement occurs on the next working day.
The customer is shown the following:
- Payment type ("Recurring" or "Standing Instructions").
- Frequency of recurring payments.
- Maximum amount to be deducted.
- Expiry date of standing instructions.
The following payment methods are available for Recurring Payments:
- Emandate via netbanking
- Emandate via debit card
- Emandate via aadhaar
- Credit Cards
- Debit Cards
- Paper NACH
Yes. Emandate and Paper NACH are covered under the Negotiable Instrument Act. Refer to the Circular from NPCI for more details.
- Supported Banks: State Bank of India (SBI) and ICICI Bank.
- Supported Apps: BHIM and Paytm.
Contact our support team to enable or disable a payment method for Recurring Payments. This cannot be done from the Dashboard.
Contact our support team if a payment method is not available for recurring payments on your account.