RazorpayX - Error Codes
RazorpayX aims to make all transactions successful for its customers. However, errors might still occur in the financial ecosystem because of intermittent communication and technical issues at multiple hops. Hence, it becomes critical for businesses to identify the
source of the error and the
reason for the error. This enables you to minimize or fix errors to reduce any losses.
There are 2 types of error codes:
- API Error Codes: These are returned to you when the API cannot be fired.
- Payout Error Codes: These are returned when a payout is created, but fails for some reason. These are sent as part of the payout response and webhook payloads.
Error codes help you build your own logic and take remedial action at your end, wherever possible. Deriving these insights can help your business to:
- Map and analyze top failure reasons.
- Identify the source of failure.
- Narrow down and understand the cause of the failure (could be due to actions taken by your contact or external factors such as the beneficiary bank or network connectivity).
- Identify the exact reason of the failure.
- Handle actionable error codes.
- Avoid possible integration errors.