- Download and install the latest version of Easy Digital Downloads extension from the WordPress plugin page.
- Download the latest razorpay-edd zip file from the Releases section in GitHub.
- Unzip and upload contents of the extension to your
- Activate the extension via the Plugins menu in WordPress.
If you have downloaded the extension from GitHub or elsewhere, make sure that the directory is named
- Log into your WordPress account and activate the Razorpay extension in the WordPress Plugin Manager.
- Log into your Easy Digital Downloads account.
- Navigate to the Settings page and click the Checkout/Payment Gateways tab.
- Click Razorpay to edit the settings.
- Enable the Payment Method, name it Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking (this will show up on the payment page your customer sees).
- Enter in your
<key_secret>. These API Keys can be generated from your Dashboard.
- Click Save to save the changes.
Easy Digital Downloads Extension
Easy Digital Downloads is an ecommerce plugin that makes selling digital downloads through WordPress easy. WordPress is an open-source content management system used for building dynamic websites and blogs. It is one of the most widely used website creation tools.
Integrating the Easy Digital Downloads - WordPress plugin with Razorpay allows you to accept payments on your WordPress site via the Razorpay Payment Gateway. You can accept payments via debit card, credit card, netbanking (supports 3D Secure), Unified Payments Interface (UPI) or through any of our supported wallets. Check the Payment Methods for more details.
The extension offers seamless integration, allowing the customer to pay on your website without being redirected. This allows the extension to work across all browsers and ensures compatibility with the latest version of WordPress.
- Log into your Dashboard with appropriate credentials.
- Select the mode (Test or Live) for which you want to generate the API key.
You have to generate separate API Keys for the test and live modes. No money is deducted from your account in test mode.
- Navigate to Settings → API Keys → Generate Key to generate key for the selected mode.
Key Id and
Key Secret appear in a pop-out window as shown below:
After generating the keys from the Dashboard download and save them securely. If you do not remember your API Keys, you need to re-generate it from the Dashboard and replace it wherever required.
The Razorpay WooCommerce plugin is released under the General Public License v2.0 (GPLv2.0) license, same as that of WordPress.