MSMEs, standing for Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises, are the pillars of India’s economy. Small industries have a huge scope for growth in a country with over 160 crore people.
Small-scale industries or SSIs should register as MSMEs to avail a wide range of benefits offered by the government. Whether your company is into manufacturing or providing services, MSME registration can be obtained per the MSME Act.
An enterprise can be classified as Micro, Small, or Medium based on investment and annual turnover criteria.
This article will cover MSME registration, its benefits to your business, and how to download the MSME certificate online for free.
What Is an MSME Certificate?
Micro, small, and medium enterprises in India can register with the government to avail of multiple benefits and government schemes. When the registration is complete, you get a certificate known as the MSME Certificate or Udyam Certificate.
The MSME Certificate proves that you are a registered small-scale business in India and thus eligible for all associated government benefits.
Registering in MSME in India is not mandatory, but you should do it for multiple reasons. MSME registration comes with benefits in business finance, loans, credit eligibilities, and taxation.
In FY21, the government disbursed ₹9.5 trillion as loans to MSMEs, a 40% increase compared to FY20. There are also several government schemes and policies in place to aid MSMEs.
You can get these benefits with an MSME registration certificate.
- Avail low-interest business loans.
- Get beneficial government tenders.
- Get approvals, registrations, and licenses easily.
- Get compensated for the expenditure of the ISO certificate.
- Avail tariff, tax, and capital subsidies.
- Be exempted under Direct Tax Laws.
- Get a 15% subsidy on automatic machines with bank loans.
Overall, every small and medium business should complete its MSME registration after checking the eligibility criteria.
How to Download MSME Certificate Online?
An enterprise can be registered under the MSME Act by applying online on the government portal. After successful registration, you will get an MSME certificate issued by the Ministry of MSME.
Note that the MSME certificate, also known as Udyam or Udyog Aadhaar Certificate, has lifetime validity. You can download the MSME certificate from the Udyam Registration website in simple steps.
1. Visit the Udyam link http://udyamregistration.gov.in.
2. On the top right corner of the web page, you will find a Print/Verify drop-down menu.
3. From the menu, select the option Print Udyam Certificate.
4. This opens the Udyami Login page.
5. Enter required details on the login page, such as your 16-digit Udyam Registration Number (format: UDYAM-XX-00-0000000) and the mobile number you had filled in on the MSME registration application.
6. Below these fields, choose an OTP option. There are two ways to get an OTP:
- OTP on Mobile as filled in application
- OTP on Email as filled in application
7. Choose the option more convenient to you and click Validate & Generate OTP.
8. On the next step, enter the received OTP and click Validate OTP & Print.
9. You can now view your Udyog Aadhaar Certificate data on the home screen.
10. To get a certified copy, select Print or Print with Annexure from the top centre of the page.
- If you select Print, you will get only the MSME certificate.
- If you select Print with Annexure, the certificate will come with the Udyam Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) application.
You can also save the certificate as a PDF on your computer or smartphone to access it later.
The MSME certificate download process is simple and easy. All you need is your Udyam registration number and a linked mobile number. Linking your mobile number with the registration is crucial as it is the gateway to access all related data on government websites. You can also visit the MSME website for help in the registration and download process.