During the pandemic, many businesses, services, and operations have shifted online. With everything changing, many business organizations made work-from-home their escape plan. On the same lines, schools and colleges had to switch to learning-from-home. So, homeschooling became a real thing, and it has become a huge success!
Inspired by this transition, many expert educators are choosing online tutoring to expand their business. If you plan to take advantage of this transition, follow this complete guide.
You don’t have a website? Don’t panic. Let’s look at how you can start an online tuition business at home without a website:
Why Start an Online Tutoring Business?
Online tutoring has been a great source of learning for students for years now. Ever since technology took over, students have benefited a lot from online tutoring. And it is an efficient way of earning for tutors as well.
If you are skeptical about starting an online tutoring business, let us discuss some benefits it has to offer:
- Cost-effective: You can start from the comfort of your home. All you need is an internet connection and a laptop. So, there is no need for hefty investments, big business plans, and office space to start.
- Increased reach: You can reach a large number of students from across the globe. There are no boundaries when you start an online tuition business at home, and you are just a click away from your students.
- Instant: Asking questions, giving feedback, and sharing assignments can be an instant affair through online tutoring classes. Thus, in many ways, these classes are beneficial for students, and they prefer this method.
With these benefits, it is evident that online tutors have nothing to lose if they start an online tuition business at home. So, keep all your doubts aside and make the most of this opportunity.
How to Get Started
In the beginning, you might feel lost as to where to start your online tutoring gig. However, there are plenty of places where you can begin. Let’s see how you can get started:
Make a business plan
Create a business plan and make a list of things you need to do to achieve your targets. Work on the following factors:
- Choose a subject you have expertise in.
- Look for a suitable e-learning platform to register.
- Create quality content like pre-recorded video sessions, live video classes, etc., for learning. Focus on engaging presentations.
- Use smart tools to deliver, connect, and communicate with your students. If you’re a Gmail user, you can utilize numerous tools it offers like Google Docs, Google Sheets, Drive, Google Meets, and whatnot. All these free tools can make it easier for you to engage with your students. Make a list of the tools you require and start utilizing them
Register on a Platform
Students need a trusted source and platform for online tuitions, training, and courses. So, start by looking for a reputed e-learning website that students prefer in your region. Some examples of such websites are Coursera, Skillshare, Udemy, Lynda, etc. Go through all the options, shortlist the suitable ones, and choose the one you want to register with. Here are the steps to follow:
E-learning websites and platforms usually have virtual forms that you need to fill in for the registration process. You need to provide your details, bio, photos, and other information required by the platform to which you are registering. Once you provide all your details, you can submit your registration form.
Verify and Start
After registration is the verification process. Different e-learning platforms follow diverse verification processes for tutors. Depending on the platform you choose, the verification team will look into your application. The time taken for the verification process also depends on the platform you choose to register with.
Once your application is verified, you can start tutoring. As a verified and certified member of an e-learning platform, you can start scheduling and delivering your classes online.
With these three easy steps, you can start an online tuition business at home without a website.
Create Your Payment Page to enable your power as an educator
If your e-learning platform doesn’t have an in-built payment option, you can use your own and place the link on the platforms, social media handles, and WhatsApp. For example,
Razorpay Payment Pages enable one to build a branded landing page, add images and descriptions relevant to the course and collect important details from your students. Collect relevant information and accept payments with no coding and zero set up cost.
Even if you are running your online course independently, a payment page link can be shared on WhatsApp, Facebook, groups, and with your students for a seamless payment experience.
Build and Promote Your Web Presence
Now that everything is done, it is time to promote your web presence as a tutor and get more students to enroll in your classes. If students trust the platform, they will trust you too. So, make sure that you choose a reputed and trusted platform.
The next thing you can do is promote your profile as a tutor. You can use social media channels to spread the word and get as many students to register with you as possible. This will boost your tutoring business and give you more exposure online.
You can also create Facebook and WhatsApp groups where you can prompt students to get enrolled with your tutoring classes.
Build a Personal Brand Around Your Expertise
The platform you choose for tutoring is a stepping stone for you. In the end, your students will know you for the courses you deliver and your tutoring style. To keep them coming back for more, you need to build a personal brand around your expertise.
Use your exposure to spread the word about your expertise and win the trust of your students. This way, you can grow personally as an online tutor.
With this simple guide, you can start an online tuition business at home and start making money without even a website.