As 2019 draws to a close, it’s a good time to sit back and relive how the year has been for us. In many ways, 2019 was a big year for not only Razorpay, but the fintech industry as well.
We have captured how the year was for us in the infographic below, but allow me to talk about some highlights here as well.
- We served 960k plus businesses on our platform this year
- IFTA announced us as the most innovative payments startup and we made it to Y-Combinator’s list of top 100 companies as well
- Our co-founders, Harshil Mathur and Shashank Kumar, brought home the Young Alumnus Award 2019 award from their alma mater, IIT Roorkee
- Razorpay acquired two businesses this year – Thirdwatch & Opfin
- We processed payouts volume worth $3 billion on RazorpayX
Our product portfolio also grew by leaps and bounds, notably:
- Payment Pages allows businesses to accept payments without a website or app
- Support for freelancers, consultants and unregistered businesses
- Current accounts and corporate credit cards on RazorpayX
Personally, I love the fact that we were able to save transaction time worth nearly 6 years through our card saving feature! And of course, we pulled off the country’s biggest fintech event in FTX 2019.
So yes, 2019 has been an outstanding year for Razorpay. As we set foot into the new decade, we have big plans laid out to help businesses #OutgrowOrdinary. Through our acquisitions, we’ll help e-commerce businesses fight fraud and streamline their payroll processes as well.
But until then, thank you for your support and faith in us. Here’s wishing you and your business a very happy new year, filled with boundless growth opportunities.