India’s shift towards digitization has created a need for simple, accessible means of digital payments to bring businesses of all sizes into the cashless economy.
Small merchants, entrepreneurs, home-based businesses etc. dealing with cash, having no website or online store need to collect and manage payments with as much ease as their online counterparts.
The answer is to have an all-inclusive solution that addresses all these areas, along with other use cases like cash-on-delivery and point-of-sale payments. The simplest way to do this, without any investment in payment infrastructure is with Razorpay Payment Links.
Payment Links are securely generated web links that customers can click to make online payments. Payment fulfillment through Razorpay Payment Links is easy and flexible for both sellers and their customers. A seller can receive payments via Payment Links in three simple steps:
- Create Link – Easily create payment links individually or bulk upload links via APIs or dashboard. The flexible solution also allows you to manage details like amount, receipt number, link expiry, time etc.
- Share Link – Share links with customers across several platforms like SMS, email, messenger, WhatsApp, etc.
- Get instant payments – Razorpay’s core payments platform and built-in checkout page powers a host of payment modes like credit card, debit card, netbanking, UPI, wallets etc.
Razorpay Payment Links also comes with a customised dashboard to manage links, check payment status and get real time data insights to manage the business better. Sellers can stay up to date on the state of the link/payment via instant alerts that can be set up through webhook notifications.
Read our technical document to find out more about the operation of payment links.
Given the simplicity of the solution, payment links are perfectly suited for all businesses, both online and offline. Razorpay Payment Links directly and effortlessly links into business ecosystems and supports a host of use cases like:
- Small Businesses – For small or traditional businesses that do not have an app or a website, payment links is the best and easiest way to start accepting online payments.
- Alternate Payment Use Cases – Payment links are an effective option for use cases like cash-on-delivery, point-of-sale, partial payments, following up on abandoned carts etc.
- Chatbot Integration – Chatbots are increasingly being used for engaging customers and fulfilling sales. In such cases, payment links provide the perfect solution for providing a seamless buying experience within the chatbot.
- Social Media Businesses – Running a business on WhatsApp? Payment links are an easy solution to initiate customer payments within the app. Payment links are easily shareable over many social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp etc. giving your customers a quick checkout option.
Here is an interesting case of how Treebo, India’s 3rd largest hotel chain found value in implementing Razorpay Payment Links. At Treebo, whenever a customer makes a hotel booking, there is always uncertainty of conversion on the day of check-in.
This results in blocking of inventory & loss of revenue. ‘No-show’ is an industry wide problem but Treebo realized that customers who pay in advance are more likely to show up.
With the help of Razorpay Payment Links, Treebo was able to easily share links with customers, who could then make advance/partial payments via several modes just by clicking on the link. This helped Treebo reduce inventory loss and keep up with their topline.
Collecting online payments couldn’t get easier than this! Here is where you can find out more about Razorpay Payment Links. Links can also be seamlessly embedded into Razorpay Invoices, a GST compliant solution for efficient billing.