- Open your WordPress site and navigate to Plugins → Add New.
- Upload the plugin.
- Click Activate Plugin.
- Click Settings.
- Make the following changes in the Edit Settings screen:
- Select Enable Razorpay Payment Module.
- Edit Title and Description as required.
- Add your [KEY_ID] and [KEY_SECRET]. These can be generated from your
- Set the Payment Action to Authorize and Capture to auto-capture payments.
- Click Save Changes.
1. Build Integration
Steps to integrate your WordPress website with Razorpay Payment Gateway.
Follow the steps given below to integrate Razorpay Payment Gateway with your WordPress website.
In your WordPress site, open the page or blog post where you want the button to appear.
Click the more icon and select Preferences.
Click Panels and enable the Custom Fields checkbox in the Additional section. Now you will have the option to add custom fields on your page/blog post.
Scroll down the current page till you see the Custom fields section.
If you are using WordPress 4.8 or later, the custom fields can be added via Screen Option. If you are still not able to view the custom field, refer to the
Add the following three custom fields as metadata:
- amount (in INR).
- name (name of the product).
- description (description of the product that is being sold).
[RZP](shortcode indicated by square brackets) in the content section to display the Pay with Razorpay button anywhere.
Publish or update the page. The page appears with the Pay with Razorpay button.
You can track the payment status in three ways:
- On the Dashboard, ensure that the payment status is
captured. Refer to the payment capture settings page to know how to
- Subscribe to our webhooks or poll the Fetch a Payment API to track the payment status.
To verify the payment status from the Dashboard:
- Log in to the
- Check if a Payment Id has been generated and note the status. In case of a successful payment, the status is marked as Captured.
You can use Razorpay webhooks to configure and receive notifications when a specific event occurs. When one of these events is triggered, we send an HTTP POST payload in JSON to the webhook's configured URL. Know how to
If you have subscribed to the
order.paid webhook event, you will receive a notification every time a customer pays you for an order.
Is this integration guide useful?